Monday, February 18, 2008

Out with the old, in with the new.

The old would be all the contractors that have been in my house since we moved in. We're done with them. Yes, I said it. We're done. Until Spring.

We had a huge party over the weekend to say "thank you" to all those who helped us and to open our home to all those friends that have seen us through. There were over 30 people here, playing board games, poker, cards, wandering through the house and eating and drinking lots of deliciousness. We thank them.

The "new" would be the illness that seems to be ravaging my family right now. My posts have been infrequent, at best, and I vowed that this week would see a turnaround. Not quite so. God seems to have some plans of his own.

This illness? It involves, laryngitis, eye goop, deep chest coughing, nasal congestion, and a general feeling of exhaustion. I saw a mirage yesterday. I thought it was just me and I thought I was on the upswing of it. This morning, however, I see that I am not alone. We will trudge on and this week will be one of rest and recuperation. I will lounge and snuggle babies and read to them often. Because there are no contractors here, and because I don't have any other appointments than working out in the early morning and because my children need me and because... 

I can.

God is good.
 


No comments: