Friday, December 28, 2007

Deep thoughts by Ella.

We have been out of commission for a few days since the big move. New construction is a messy, messy, dirty, filthy thing. I have more cleaning to do that I can even describe. But, trudge on I shall. We are making serious headway. Tilers, electricians and plumbers still come in and out during the day, clawfoots and pedestals are left to be set, and trim paint is needed on the stairs. Trudge on we shall. It beats the rental every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

We had a beautiful Christmas, really, with family coming and going and more to come tomorrow. We like to drag this partying business out as long as we can! Happy Birthday, Christ Jesus, and thank you beyond all thank you's for this amazing life and these amazing blessings. We are luckier than we ever deserved.

I don't have much time for further reflection so I'll leave you, for now, with a deep thought by Ella Marie;

"Yesterday is tomorrow that already happened in the past."


Ahem....Confucius? Is that you? Or could it be Yogi Berra?



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ella has a woman's way of looking at things. Just a little twist to keep things interesting!
Grandma

mom-in-training said...

I hope all is going well with your move! I know someday we'll move to a different house and I'm already dreading the whole process!

Thanks so much for your kind words regarding my recently lost/found college ring. I so appreciated what you had to say. I'm going to memorize that wonderful little prayer!

Melissa said...

Oh, how I miss you, friend! You have no idea how often I think of you (or how guilty I feel for commenting so infrequently lately. Shame on me!)

I am so, so happy that you all are finally in your house! I can't even imagine how incredible that must feel, after all the dreaming, planning, and hard, hard work! What a wonderful way to start this new year.

I hope you are enjoying every moment of this Christmas season. Are Paxton and Ella back to school yet? I'm gearing up to get us more on schedule with homeschooling on Monday. But I'm worried I've become too lazy over our break! :)

Many hugs to you, dear friend. I love you!

Christy said...

missing you!!!

Jill said...

I'm sure your life is hectic right now. But, just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you LOTS and praying that all is well.