Monday, December 03, 2007

Happy 4th Birthday, Boo-boo.



Ella,

It's been 4 years since the day of your birth. I remember that day like it was yesterday. 

I am amazed that time has flown by as it has. I am amazed at the young lady you have become. I am amazed that you tolerate your brothers, despite the fact that their vocabularies are not as vast, their interest in ponies and babies and princesses is minimal, and their love and fascination with hair product pales in comparison to yours. 

You say things like, "my salvation..", "actually, Mom...", "I love you more than 1000 baby birds.", and "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen."

You love dolphins and you wish you were a mermaid. You asked me the other day if, when you die, you can go to Heaven to be with Jesus and then he would make you into a mermaid. No kidding. You would be a mermaid and he would be a King. King Triton, that is.

You love preschool and wish so desperately that you could just hurry up and be in third grade already. You know all your letters, their sounds, numbers up to 30, colors like "violet" and "magenta", latin prayers and how to play a wicked game of Uno.

You couldn't wait to turn four years old so that you could finally chew gum. For your big party on Saturday, your Uncle Kellen bought you an entire bag full of the stuff. Thanks, Uncle Kellen. Over the last three days, we've only stopped chewing gum to sleep.

I love you, my beautiful girl. I love your dark chocolate eyes, your dimple on your right cheek, and your spirit. I love your energetic and precocious manner. I love the way you elicit conversation with complete strangers (with me close by, of course) and the way you let everyone know, stranger or no, right off the bat, that "we live in a rental".

I love you, Ella. Happy Birthday to you.






5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said, Mommy. We all love the mircle you and God created!

Jill said...

Happy birthday to a sweet, beautiful four-year-old! I wish you could come and play with Aslynn- you sound so similar. Except Aslynn asked me the other day, "When I die and go to heaven will I get to meet Johnny Cash?" ;)
Beautiful tribute to your beautiful daughter!

Christine said...

Happy Birthday to your little girl! She sounds so beautiful, delightful, and so much fun to be around. My Clare would love to play with her too and would be happy to bring along all of her princess dress up clothes.

Celeste Creates said...

Happy birthday sweet girl! Four is a wonderful age! I am the mother of one - I know. And all too soon she will be five. Enjoy being a little girl for a long long time.

Blessings to you and your mommy and all those BOYS!

Melissa said...

Happy birthday to a beautiful, amazing little girl! She sounds like such an absolute sweetheart, which I know she must be with you for a mommy. :)