Wednesday, December 19, 2007

"Dooooo!!"



Guess who's Dooo? Shepherd is! That's who!

You sang, you ate chocolate pie, you blew out candles, you had a tantrum over a borrowed-for-30-second Thomas coal car, you waved good morning and blew kisses at your big brother and sister, you wanted more milk and since you so sweetly said "peeeease", I gladly gave it to you. It all happened before 7:30 a.m. this morning.

 When we ask you how old you are you emphatically announce, "DOOOO!", with a big one-tooth in-the-center-from-that-nasty-Shepherd-versus-coffee-table-incident grin. 

Oftentimes we talk about how difficult is is to resist the urge to chew on your face. Your cheeks to be precise. They are chubby and full and when you smile, your golden eyes stand out against them like fiery globes of sun.

Your energy exhausts me and inspires me. From the moment you wake to the moment you lay down at night you never cease moving. I love you, my sweet boy. You are either going to keep me young or make me very, very old.

We must be doing something right since I caught you, yesterday, as you were running through the house like a whirlwind, stop by your baby' brothers bouncy seat, give him two gentle, gentle pats on the head, softly lean in and say, "Hi, baby", and then go on about your way. 

Happy 2nd birthday, beautiful boy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Precious Boy....
Your beautiful mommy will make sure it is the best day ever.
Daddy and your brothers and sissy,
will sing to and your will smile that toothy smile and bring lots of joy to everyone...
Enjoy your special day...

Celeste Creates said...

Happy Birthday Shepherd! What a super guy! Sounds so much like my 2 1/2 year old burst of energy - Mr. Andrew!

mom-in-training said...

Happy Birthday, Shepherd! And what a cutie - I see what you mean about those kissable little cheeks. :) At least he knows he's two... Amy insists she's three.