Saturday, January 19, 2008

Little things come from little prayers.

This morning I had a feeling it was going to be a long day. Steve was on his way out the door for the day, two out of three kids are sick and one is teething. I got to 'sleep in' until 6:30ish so at least I had that working for me. I had two cups of coffee and began some prayers.  All I could muster this morning with malady that surrounded me was this; 

Lord, please help me to see the little things today. Help me to feel little rewards and to help me know what to do next. I do this for You. Open my lips.

Conversations that have taken place so far in the day:

Me: Ella, will you please run upstairs and grab me the diaper cream? Baby Roan has a bad rash from teething.

Ella: Sure, but.....  I don't know what it looks like.

Paxton: (from the corner of the room bundled up with blankets with a weak, hoarse, pitiful sounding voice) Ella, it's the white one with the teddy bear on it.

Later...

Ella: Now that the baby is asleep, let's have a conversation.

Me: Okay, honey, what do you want to have a conversation about?

Ella: I don't know. You decide.

Just a moment ago...

Paxton: Mom? Can I have some ice cream since I'm sick?

Me: Paxton, you haven't had much to eat all day, honey, and I want you to have something nutritious before you have ice cream.

Paxton: How about a vitamin? 

Me: How about after Shepherd goes to bed tonight?

Paxton: Okay. That's good. I like pajama days.


Thank you, Lord. For the little things.




 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You and your children move me to tears, you know that don't you? I don't know what I ever did in life to warrant such blessings. Mom/Noni