Monday, October 02, 2006

Two people and achy feet.

Today went well. I say 'well' with a bit of apprehension. I am tired. My feet hurt. I have been hungry and tired for about five hours now. I smell like asphalt.

I walked outside our local Family Planning for a total of about 7 hours today. Just paced. Back and forth, praying and talking.

Steve came and went, our director came and went, my dad came and went, and one more volunteer came and went. I only had to be alone for about 2 hours. It was a long two hours with Ella and Shepherd, but some of the most humbling two hours of my life. God and I had a good talk.

I will blog more about it later, after I've had time to process it and rest a bit.

On a really positive note, two people came over to talk to us, one a staff member and the other a passer-by. We reached two people today. How many do you think they'll reach?

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow. I am so amazed and inspired by you. No words seem adequate enough to convey the depth of my appreciation for what you are doing, the effort you are making. May God continue to bless you abundantly!

He who wears the most black wins. said...

Melissa,

:) Thank you.

One Boys Mom said...

I second the "Wow" comment. I look forward to hearing more about your conversation with God.