Tuesday, February 13, 2007

And it was another beautiful day with Grammy..

Grammy came over today to spend about 5 hours with the kids. Thank you, Grammy!!!

I ran some errands, visited one of my Parenting Program girls in the hospital (baby Grace Paige was born yesterday after an attempted version and subsequent c-section) and had a lovely lunch with my husband. All in all, it was a wonderful and much needed day out. I stopped my regular weekly shift at the pregnany center I was volunteering at, reducing my volunteer time to just an hour a week, running parenting programs with individual girls from my own town. It's been three weeks since I worked a shift and it's been a huge load off my shoulders (trying to juggle clients, urine samples, napping toddlers, and teething babies, and counseling all at the same time. What was I thinking?!), but it feels a bit sad too. I think today was just the medicine that the doctor ordered. I showered AND put deoderant on all before 9:30 am!

Anyway, back to Grammy. Thank you so much, Vivian. Really, you are a blessing in so many ways. I love the way you love my children, the energy you give them, the way you speak to them and the kindness you let them see you show to other people. All are examples I want them to learn from. Your grace is beautiful.

I walked in the door and the kids exlaimed, " Mommy! Mommy! We had candy today! And chocolate!" Then Ella said, as she mustered dramatic tears, "Oh, Grammy, don't leave!".

What a day indeed.

Happy St. Valentine's Day to you all tomorrow. Let us all take time to remember the saint after whom this special day to focus on those we love is named.

5 comments:

One Boys Mom said...

Hooray for Grammy's!!! I tell Declan often how lucky he to have grandparents that are so involved.

Anonymous said...

If there is a "best" thing about divorce, it is that your (and my) children have MORE grandparents than other kids. I think that is really a blessing. Have a happy Valentines Day. Love, Carrie :)

Jill said...

Deoderant and a shower before 9:30am!? Impressive.
Oh, and thanks for the comment about our little Faith and Family moment of fame. It's interesting that I keep my blog 'faceless' since I've put my family in larger publications. I even was in an article for La Leche League, complete with picture...so...yeah...

Melissa said...

Sounds like an incredible day! I can imagine how tough it must have been for you to give up our shift at the pregnancy center, but I'm glad to hear you're taking it easy!

Christy said...

Keeping life in balance. So important!