Wednesday, September 06, 2006

The Sahara Desert or my living room?

I really can't tell you which one is hotter.

Our air conditioner broke at about midnight last night. Currently, it is eighty six degrees INSIDE. Whoa. I am developing a whole new appreciation for those that have no air conditioning, or no home at all. Can I still gripe, though?

The baby hasn't stopped crying all afternoon, Paxton has been wearing only underwear and a polyester Bob The Builder dress up shirt for the last hour and my mascara is currently melting off of my eyelashes. I just looked out the window to find Ella riding on her Barbie trike, wearing her princess dress, pink helmet, and Paxton's (size 12) tennis shoes.

Fall, anyone? Autumn? Harvest? Wicked cold nights with wool socks, sweaters and hot cocoa? A girl can dream.

2 comments:

Celeste Creates said...

Oh, how I feel your pain. This has happened to us twice this summer!!!!

Nothing worse than Houston heat and humidity with no A/C and 3 sweaty children.

Hope it is fixed pronto!

Michelle said...

We bought our first house in 2000 when Billy was only 5 months old. We moved in the first weekend of July. It was sticky and we had no central air, no room air conditioners. My mom felt bad for us and bought a fan. I had to sit on the floor in front of it and nurse him while the fan blew on top speed to get him to settle down and nap. Yuck.