Tuesday, January 30, 2007

40 hours.

We are back. It took 40 hours and I feel like a WHOLE NEW WOMAN. Refreshed. Renewed. Ready to take on my busy life again.

We did indeed eat the best Thai food on the face of the earth. We meandered through Ikea. We ate at Andaluca. We visited each place we lived over there (four total) to see how much things had changed. We went to a David Copperfield show. I did, in fact, make it through not one but two entire Seattle Times, beginning to end. I drank coffee. We went to Borders and got some gifts for the kids. I showered without rushing. We finished conversations. It was glorious.

Thank you, Steve, for a wonderful weekend away. Thank you, Mom, for making it possible.

The funniest sign we saw was carried by a transient rocking out to a street bagpipe performer: Help. My father was killed by Ninjas. Need money for karate lessons.

2 comments:

Steve said...

You're very welcome, my love. Thank you!

Christy said...

Sounds like you had fun. I am ready for a get away like that! I love going back to where Ken and I lived in Seattle and seeing what has changed. A LOT has changed at the different places that we have lived (even in Mountlake Terrace.