Monday, January 01, 2007

Devotions Meme

1. Favorite devotion or prayer to Jesus? The Lords Prayer.

2. Favorite Marian devotion or prayer? Hail Mary

3. Do you wear a scapular or medal? Neither. I wear a rosary bracelet but no medal or scapular. Am I a wuss for being scared of the wool on the scapular?

4. Do you have holy water in your home? No, but it's on my to-do list within the month.

5. Do you offer up your sufferings? I am getting better at it.

6. Do you observe First Fridays and First Saturdays? Not yet. We are talking about it.

7. Do you go to Eucharistic Adoration? How frequently? I have to ask our priest if we can start it. Our parish doesn't currently have adoration. :(

8. Are you a Saturday evening Mass person or Sunday morning Mass person? Definitely Sunday morning. I love to make our whole day be about Christ and family.

9. Do you say prayers at mealtime? Always. (The kids would NEVER let us forget!)

10. Favorite Saint(s)? St. Francis and St. Anthony.

11. Can you recite the Apostles Creed by heart? Yes.

12. Do you usually say short prayers (aspirations) during the course of the day? All day long.

13. Where is your favorite places to pray? Sitting up in my bed, at the end of the day, in the shower, and when I'm doing dishes.

14. Bonus Question: When you pass by an automobile accident or other serious mishap, do you say a quick prayer for the folks involved? Always. In fact, the kids do as well. They really seem to be drawn to impromptu prayer, even if it is for a crisis situation.

1 comment:

Christy said...

I had to look up the word scapular to know what you were talking about. Apparently some are made with laminated paper...that wouldn't be as scary as wood ;). I am going to have to look up some images. Hmmmm...