Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Doing my family proud.

This is the letter I just sent to the editor. I am such an embarrassment to my in-laws! Dragging this name through the media like I do. I'm only half serious. Everyone who knows me knows that I believe you have to stand for something, else you stand for nothing. Now that's quotable!



"The greatest destroyer of peace today is abortion, because it is a war against the child." -Mother Teresa

Moses Lake's annual March for Life was held this past Sunday at 1pm. Some of you may have seen us walking together on Stratford Road, holding signs and waving at passersby. You might have seen us and you might have honked to show your support or just waved back. Thank you.

Thank you to all those of you who showed up to walk in in the cold. To walk for Life.

The war on terror is on everyone's minds. We have lost 3,084 Americans in the war on terror--Americans who gave their lives honorably, defending our country. But, there is a another war going on. In this war and in only one day, the dead and wounded outnumber the Americans killed in the entire war on terror. It's a war we aren't talking about; right here in America, on our own soil. We have lost over 47,000,000 Americans so far. How many more will we lose? We are killing and wounding our own in record numbers; 3,700 murdered children and 3,700 wounded mothers per day. 126,000 per day worldwide. It is truly the invisible holocaust.

Please pray about what you can do. How can you be more involved? How can you be more involved in helping a fellow American? An innocent American, whose life is just as valuable as yours and mine, is worth helping. Don't you agree? Big or small, you can absolutely make a difference in our community.

An unwanted pregnancy never equals an unwanted child.

Next year, please join us. Please plan ahead, and join us. We never know what hurting mother might need to see us out there that day, smiling, waving, and reminding her that her life is valuable and that the little life within her is valuable--both were divinely created for a purpose.

God bless you, His precious child-

4 comments:

Melissa said...

First and foremost, let me just say that I have been having so much trouble with Blogger trying to leave you comments! (For some reason, it wasn't displaying the letters for the word verification and so it wouldn't let me post a comment.) I've been feeling GUILTY, too, because it makes it seem as though I'm ignoring you!

So. I want to just say that I think this is an AWESOME letter. Good for you! I so admire the way you stand up and defend your convictions. It makes me sick that so many people can just blatantly ignore the stark realities and statistics of abortion. I pray your letter to the editor will open the eyes and heart of at least one person.

And P.S....Welcome home! It sounds like your vacation was pure bliss. And I'm sure your kids had a great time while you were gone, too. ;)

Christy said...

I admire your bravery! It isn't always easy to put yourself out there but you seem to be practicing and succeeding. :)

Anonymous said...

Margaret Sanger said, "No woman can call herself free who does not own and control her own body." This concept is fundamental for women. The Pro-Choice movement supports reproductive freedom, which means that an individual woman should be able to make her own choice. Having you and your religious cronies make that choice for me, is unacceptable.

He who wears the most black wins. said...

Anonymous,

May God bless you and watch over and your choices always. I regret how tragically misled you have been thus far.