Tuesday, January 23, 2007

More than I do.

Steve and I are three days away from a weekend away--all by ourselves. Thanks to Noni, at this time on Friday we'll be driving in the car, likely listening to some type of conservative talk radio, kicking up our heels and relaxing. Just the two of us.

Seattle, here we come!

I can almost taste it. Thai food, Ikea, Andaluca, a movie, lots of walking downtown, a few homeless people and maybe a little candy from "The Candy Bowl" at Steve's main office. I'm going to read the entire paper, IN ONE SITTING, with a steaming cup of decadent coffee in hand. You want to come with us, don't you?

Noni, you're a lifesaver. As Paxton says, " I love you more than I do".

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Sounds PERFECT! I am so jealous. :)

I don't think Darren and I have enjoyed a single night alone in about....hmmm, how long HAS it been?! Four years, maybe? Three? At any rate, it's been a LONG while!

I'm so happy for you two and hope you have an incredible time! Are you feeling well?

He who wears the most black wins. said...

Thanks, Melissa. :) It's so nice to have friends be so happy for you when something great is going to happen or is happening to you.

I am feeling good. Tired, but good. Thank goodness for endocrinologists!! :)

Celeste Creates said...

Have a very wonderful time! It is hard to leave sometimes, but oh so good. I had a nice afternoon free thanks to Brian's parents - just what I needed!

Jill said...

Enjoy. My husband and I had our first solo trip last summer- a couple of days in New York while my parents watched the kids. I was a bit nutty. I wrote them letters to open and read each night while we were gone, and called a couple of times a day. But, they were with my parents so I wasn't too worried.
The first day I kept realizing that my arms and hands were fidgeting all the time. It took me awhile to get used to not constantly holding someone, preparing meals, picking things up, changing diapers...
But, I did relax and totally enjoyed!
Have a wonderful trip!

Christy said...

I am so glad that you and Steve are getting some good time together. Isn't it fun to go to the city! I'm here in Seattle right now too :). Perhaps we'll cross paths at Ikea.