Saturday, June 30, 2007

Nothing but upsides.

In a little over an hour we have the second official meeting of the Elizabeth Group we kicked off a month ago. I am so excited to see the people I've been praying for again and to welcome any new faces. God willing, this group will just grow in strength and love--resulting in even stronger families in faith.

Then, I'm off to the baby shower that's being thrown in my honor (well, more like in the honor of this precious little person inside me). All gifts are going to be donations to Crossroads (our local crisis pregnancy center where I have volunteered for four years). Is that not the coolest idea?! A fellow prayer group member, volunteer at Crossroads, pregnant lady, and very good friend had this idea. I am so grateful for it. I think she hit it right on the money. I can't wait to tear into all those gifts and see what some very lucky, needy, and all too nervous mommies are going to be receiving.

Hopefully, all this excitement will thoroughly wear me out and I will sleep tonight. And then the baby will come out. Or not. We'll see. I'm cool with whatever. Really. I am. Hey, now the baby will surely have a July birthday just like me! Now that's worth waiting for.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Love the baby shower idea! How awesome! Hope you have an incredible time!

Christy said...

Yep, July it is... unless you are at this moment pushing the baby out. I saw that your post was from 7am.

Celeste Creates said...

Can't wait. Can't wait. Have a wonderful party!