Tuesday, June 26, 2007

I'm still here.

I just thought I'd update in case anyone was starting to wonder if I had dropped 13 pounds or so in the last couple of days. I haven't. Not yet, anyway.

I had pro-dromal contractions almost all night last night, waking up only for the duration of the "cramp" and then going back to sleep. I must say, as crazy as it sounds, it was very cool. I really visualized what my uterus was doing, with each wave--the work that it was doing. I am really excited about labor. Prayers have been answered. Mine and others. I can really honestly say, I am not afraid. Only excitement fills me now. I know it will be a lot of work and intense, but I am not afraid of it.

I have had some indicators that labor is close but, as my husband asks, aren't most of them pretty correlational? For the most part, yes. But, I'll take em' anyway.

We are keeping busy, researching and buying a used second family car, excavating land, walking, going to swimming lessons, walking, cleaning, walking, reading, walking, and visiting friends and walking.

In other news, I seem to be finding myself making vats of chicken noodle soup and chicken enchiladas. It just seems the thing to do on this HOT summer day.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I am so glad you updated. You must know us so well! ;)

Every time I click over to your blog, it is with the most thrilling since of suspense and anticipation. I cannot wait for the big day to arrive! I am so glad that you are at peace and excited now about the upcoming labor and delivery. I so wish I could be there to support you. But since I can't, I'll just hold you close in prayer, dear friend.

Melissa said...

Heehee... I do know a LITTLE something about grammar! That was supposed to be SENSE of suspense, not "since"...sorry!

Celeste Creates said...

I too wonder each time a day or two goes by without blogging, whether it is the big day! We can't wait! I am so excited for you and happy that things are progressing so well. God will never let us down.