Monday, July 02, 2007

Dud.

When I was in labor with Shepherd and peetered out at about 4 cm, finally needing to have induction medication, I took on the label "Dud". I was really hoping to redeem myself with this baby.

I am a very miniscule 1 cm dilated and 75% effaced. Dud?

You decide.

And, no, I don't care at all that it's supposed to be ONE HUNDRED AND TWO DEGREES outside over the 4th and 5th. I am perfectly content still being pregnant. I'll just be naked. Indoors. Sipping lemonade.

God, please help me to bring this baby forth like you designed. And soon. I am so sorry that I made a mistake when praying to you earlier on in my pregnancy. I prayed for patience. I'd like to scratch that now. Instead, can I pray for strength and excitement and no fear and ......expedition? Oh, great! Thank you! I love you. I knew you'd be totally cool with me changing my request.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Hey, if you can hold out for a few more days you just might end up with a baby born on 7/7/07!

And you are most certainly NOT a "dud"! God hears your prayers, and those of all of us praying for you. He might get a chuckle out of them, but He will not let you down! Have peace, dear friend!

Jill said...

Nicole- your humor in all situations never ceases to amaze me. And if you are a dud, then I have no name to describe myself. Surely the doctors will discover soon enough that they were two months off on their calculations, and that I'm 43 weeks and not 33 weeks along.
Thanks for keeping your virtual friends updated. We will keep you in our prayers.

Christy said...

No way is that a dud! 7/7/07 would be a really cool birthday... 75% effaced, I can't imagine you'll make it that long. Not to mention, once you are effaced, 1 to 10 can happen in a matter of moments. Hold strong!