Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Five Things I Love About Jesus.

Thank you, Melissa, for the tag.  This is the best Meme yet!
The five things I love about Jesus:

1) His majesty. He is the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I never need to worry. He is bigger than all of it. Always. Forever.

2) His gentle way. We have this beautiful print in our hallway. I think it does more for me than for our children, for whom I placed it there. Every now and then it catches my eye and I always have the same thought; I am His child, too, and He loves me. I need to stop trying to be too big for my britches. He can be the  Good Shepherd and I can just be the sheep.

3)His forgiveness. There have been times throughout my life that I have felt cut off from Christ's graces, from His forgiveness and aid. All from my own doing, my own retreat. He is always there, always waiting for me, always willing to forgive me. 

4) His candor in the Gospel. Jesus spoke clearly. He did not try to put things "delicately" to make it easier on the palate. Some things really are black and white. There is a right and a wrong. I love Jesus for that. Like Fr. Corapi says, " If you're too open minded your brains will fall out." Jesus gave us clear instructions, Commandments, for True happiness, happiness in Him.

5) That He gave us His Mother. Hanging on the cross, just before death, He said to the disciple, whom He loved (aka US), "Behold, your mother!" and to His mother, "Behold, your son!". Thank you, Jesus. She is beautiful and has never left us when we fled to her for assistance. We do NOT "worship" Mary. We adore her. We ask for her intercession. Our Father asked us to. And we worship Him.

Now, I tag Christy. Happy contemplating!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I loved your responses, Nicole. I'll have to remember that quote from Fr. Corapi...I love it!

Christy said...

Wow, I am behind on the blogger world! Just catching up from a busy week. I will have to put some thought about the five things I love the most about Jesus. I've never been tagged before... are you trying to get me to address my faith in the blogger world? Yikes. Just the fact that I am attending a Bible study is a really big deal for me. And, that I often have the bible in my purse, that is a HUGE step.

I would really love to come and meet the baby but knowing that you actually bake and do all sorts of crazy work/cleaning/baking for visitors makes me think I should wait a bit longer. Where are you on the visitor readiness scale super mama!