Thursday, July 05, 2007

Learning lessons.

We had such a wonderful day yesterday, filled with a slice from a cherry pie made to feed 3,000 people, walking around listening to live Christian entertainment in a nearby small town called George. George, Washington.

There was BBQ-ing, contracting, lots of water for everyone, lots of heat to go around, festivities, minor crankiness (never from Mommy, of course), napping, fireworks until quite late, and more contracting. I know Steve was nervous about how I'd hold up throughout the day. I think I impressed him. Right, Honey?

I forgot one very important detail. Our children? They went out to our property with Daddy early in the morning. They met with Vic, our excavator. They climbed up in the track-hoe with Vic. They OPERATED it "for" Vic. They LOVED it. So, between fireworks, at giant cherry pie, and operating a $200,000.00 piece of machinery, the fact that they STILL haven't gotten to meet their newest little brother or sister seemed immaterial to them.

See? In God's time, not mine.

3 comments:

Celeste Creates said...

We are waiting and exiting. As I know you know, His timing is perfect even when we don't care for it too much!

Melissa said...

Oh, heck. And here I was thinking, "No news must be good news!" ;)

You're right, though. All in God's time! (But sheesh...could He just hurry things up a little?!) Sorry, sorry, I didn't mean that...okay, well, yeah...I guess maybe I did...

Anyway, sounds like you guys had a great 4th of July!

Jill said...

Had you been delivering a baby you might have missed out on a slice of cherry pie! :)
Yes, His plan is perfect. Although, I have to say...I scheduled Henry's baptism for 10 days after my due date. Hopefully His timing will accomodate that, and I won't be arriving at the baptism via the hospital.
We'll keep the prayers coming for a safe delivery and healthy baby. We're feeling the excitement.