Tuesday, June 27, 2006

The stuff of life

Here are just a few things that happened today;

Paxton cried because he just wanted to go on a fishing trip with big daddies. Then he got over it because he realized that he was going to go on a big airplane in just two days with mom and Shepherd AND there was going to be a pool at the hotel. Score!

Ella kissed me and hugged me and told me that I was her favorite girl and that I was also her best friend. You want to cry right now, don't you? I did.

Paxton and Ella played catch in the family room as baby Shepherd looked on. Then? Then he LAUGHED--he BELLY LAUGHED OUT LOUD at them playing catch. It was the sweetest thing. ( Did I mention that he can sit up now?)

All in all, I can say this has been a 5 star day. My husband left this morning for 7 days and I am going to miss him terribly. We even had a "first" together. Last night, we decided that we should have a date or something like it before we parted ways for a week. So...get this, I went to a bar for the first time. Seriously. My first time in a bar. I have been to plenty of restaurant/bars and had cocktails in lounges. But I have never been to an actual "belly up to" kind of bar. Um, I haven't been missing much. We did laugh a lot which was so much fun. Sometimes I forget just how funny Steve is.

I am so blessed. A six month old who spontaneously laughs out loud, A two and half year old who, on average, is sweeter more than she isn't now, and a four year old who wears his big ol' heart right on his sleeve. Oh, yeah, and a husband who makes me laugh too! God is so good to this family. This is the stuff of life.

I just started reading Danielle Bean's blog and she is awesome. Pregnant with her 8th. Much food for thought today.

No comments: