Monday, March 19, 2007

Ah ha!

Apparently, Lenten fasting (three meals vs. my usual five to six small meals throughout the day), less water intake, and focusing on getting in as much lean protein (equalling a whole lot less fiber than is in my normal diet) has spelled disaster for this pregnant person. I seem to be full of a lot more than just baby. I know, I know.

Thank you, Melissa. You know bloated symptoms when you hear them! ;)

Now, I think I'll lighten up on the fasting throughout the weekdays (still limiting all the excesses), and increase my water intake. Dang. I really thought I was an excellent water drinker. I have a feeling it's subconscious since I have been limiting mealtimes. It's probably pretty natural for people to get dehydrated during Lent. That's my story. I'm sticking to it.

Thanks for the prayers, friends. My appointment went well. Great blood pressure, one pound weight gain, no swelling, good strong heartbeat, measuring right on target at 25. I do have another ultrasound scheduled for three weeks from now to check the baby's kidneys which were a little enlarged in my last ultrasound. Nothing to be alarmed about, just double checking.

You would think that this, being my FOURTH pregnancy in five years, would be routine. It just goes to show that every person is unique and wonderfully made. That means that every pregnancy is unique, too, then. Right?

Steve left for San Jose for a week. I am going to miss him terribly. It seems to be getting harder and harder to have him away for longer than a day. Not because I feel overwhelmed or because I am scared but because our family is just starting to feel more and more incomplete when part of the team is missing. It feels like more work and less reward. We all play such important parts. I have such compassion for military families. How do they do it? Amazing.

On to our day. Just thought I'd come back in and let you all know how it went. Thanks for the well wishes Celeste and Melissa!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

You are so right about each pregnancy being unique! I'm so glad that this problem, at least, has an easy "fix", so to speak. Keep drinking that water! ;)

I'm sorry to hear that Steve is away. If I lived near you I'd suggest a "girls night in" with our kiddos! (Although, I'm not quite sure where that would leave Darren...hmmmm...anyway, wouldn't it be fun?!)

I know what you mean, though, about "more work and less reward". I hate when Darren has to be out of town for any extended period of time...everything just feels incomplete when he's gone. I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers!