Sunday, March 11, 2007

It's all my fault.

We did it. We got through the Mediterranean dinner we donated to the auction--like a well-oiled machine. But, not without the help of some amazing friends who were willing to take six hours and come help us serve, some amazing Grandparents who watched/ nursed our children for over two days, and some serious prayers.

I was in bed all day on Thursday with a fever and the flu. Friday, Steve helped me prepare as much as he could and even did grocery shopping for me. I felt so weak and was so worried about getting through the dinner. The kids spent the day with Grandma and Grandpa and two ended up spending the night.

...then down came the rain.

We called Friday afternoon to check in and Paxton was throwing up. Ella had a fever all day yesterday (as did Steve) and then she was up throwing up last night. Shepherd seems to be the lone hold-out. Steve graciously waited to suffer the throbbing headache and severe fever until about 3/4 the way through the dinner last night. Poor guy. Today is just no good. In fact, I'd go so far as to say it's darn right pitiful around here. The good news? I got all the dished done in about two hours! It's amazing what you can do when every family member is sufficiently plopped on a couch or chair slumped over waiting to die.

...now it's just a matter of time.

I am giving Grandma and Grandpa two days until I deliver some homemade chicken noodle soup and apologize yet again for exposing them to this wretchedness that has consumed us all.

I am finally feeling much better--just in time to take care of the entire rest of my family. It feels so good to feel needed AND up for the task!

Thank you Grandma and Grandpa. You saved our bacon. Er...our moroccan chicken.

4 comments:

Christy said...

You are a survivor! I am so sorry that your family is fighting this flu. Don't over do it. Although it sounds like you have moved through the worst of it, your body is still recovering. It might be a good week for paper plates and order out. You will all be in my prayers.

Celeste Creates said...

I am so there with you dear friend! I know how you feel right now. Keep up the good attitude and remember how blessed it is to feel needed. A blessing not a burden. I am praying for you and thinking about you all as we struggle through our illness. God bless you!

Melissa said...

Oh, goodness! The awful flu is taking it's nasty turn through our family, too! It began with Dylan last Monday on our way home from Albuquerque and has managed to get every single one of us. I'm so sorry to hear that you all are so sick! I'm glad you were able to carry on with your dinner with the help of great friends and Grandparents who sound like saints!

Prayers for a speedy recovery for all of you! I hope you'll continue to rest as much as possible, and remember to drink lots of water! ;)

One Boys Mom said...

Horrible! Glad you're finally feeling better.