Tuesday, March 06, 2007

No complaints.

Grandma and Grandpa came this morning to pick up Paxton and Ella for a play day. It has just been me and Shepherd all day. I got all my groceries for the Mediterranean dinner we're giving this weekend, I cleaned the house, I went to the dollar store, I read a bit, I had a nice LONG uninterrupted phone conversation, and I have gotten some awesome one on one time with Shepherd who, I just learned today, is HILARIOUS. I have always known how sweet and playful he can be, but never before realized just what a jokester he is!

I must admit, it's now 3:30 and I'm bored. I talked with another girlfriend who is also pregnant with her fourth. She asked me how my day has been and then said, "Yeah, don't you just want to call and apologize to all the people you ever complained to about just being so busy with ONE?!" We laughed and I agreed. But, truth be told, I did feel legitamately busy with one. And then with two. And then with three. So, I have no doubt that when the fourth is born, I'll be saying..."Whoa. I'm busy."

And when the fourth is born, and Grandma and Grandpa come to pick up the other three for a play day, I'll be looking around feeling a bit bored, relishing the precious one on one time that I have been able to have with the baby and thinking, "Man, when is the rest of my family going to be together again? I miss them."

Ella? Pax? Come home. Shepherd, Daddy and I aren't complete without you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet! I can't wait for your forth to arrive. Glad someone's having babies. :)

Melissa said...

Isn't that just so true? It always feels so strange to me when Darren is off running errands with the two "big kids". I love my time with Meghan, but feel so much more complete when we're all together!

Sounds like you and your little man had a lovely day, though!