Sunday, March 18, 2007

Seeking advice from seasoned moms.

I have a midwife appointment tomorrow morning, which I am really grateful for.

Something has been bothering me and I wanted to see if any of you other moms had any advice for me. I am 25 weeks now and have this overwhelming "full" feeling. When I wake up in the morning I feel as though I have just eaten a HUGE meal. Uncomfortable full. It lasts all day long.

I don't have much swelling, vision problems, or many headaches, and my blood pressure is and always has been low/normal. So far, I have gained 5 pounds total. So, I am inclined to think that it's not toxemia or preeclampsia.

Hydramnios?

Any input would be SO appreciated. ;) And, since I know that one of you happens to be a nurse, I know I'll be getting some GREAT feedback.

Happy fourth Sunday of Lent.

2 comments:

Celeste Creates said...

Dear Friend,

Even after 4 babies and deliveries in every manner possible, I don't know anything about this one.

But know I am praying for you and will be very anxious to hear what the midwife has to say. Please keep us up to date.

God bless you all!

Melissa said...

I'm glad you have an appointment with your midwife in the morning! I really don't think this uncomfortable feeling you describe is toxemia or preeclampsia or even hydramnios (I think you'd be having more swelling in you lower extremities). This sounds like more of a digestive issue to me, but be sure to tell your midwife all about it!

My suggestions would be to:
Eat small, frequent, high fiber meals;
Drink lots and lots of water;
and try to go for short daily walks if possible.

I hope all goes well tomorrow and I can't wait to hear how your appointment goes!