Wednesday, May 02, 2007

How can there possibly be a reward big enough?

I was on the phone in our bedroom. I heard lots of silence. I walked out to find the boys playing cooperatively on the floor (which is really saying something that a five year old and a sixteen month old are playing together at all!). I walked further, into the kitchen. And there, right before my eyes, was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen: Ella. UNLOADING THE DISHWASHER. Seriously. I don't know what came over my precious three year old daughter but, whatever it was, I can only pray it never stops coming over her.

Let's just say, that girl? She scored some major stickers. Big stickers. With kitties on them. She can wear them while she eats the chocolate I got her for dinner and while she rides the pony I am going to pick up for her tonight.

3 comments:

Celeste Creates said...

I laughed so hard when I read the pony part. How true that feeling is! Today during a temper tantrum of Andrew's I was starting to cry. Jacob saw this and asked if he could help me? How precious! Truly, I pray it will build compassion. Now if I could just get him to ask that question before I get to the tears part. :)

God bless you Nicole. I am thinking so much about you. You are in my prayers as you draw to the close of this pregnancy. Even though I mentioned tears and temper tantrums, it is a blessed life and I am truly happy to be where I am.

Melissa said...

Oh, my goodness, that Ella! What a sweetheart! And I really love the thought of your two boys playing together. Pope John Paul II was so right when he said that, "The greatest gift you can give your child is another sibling"!

Christy said...

Such sweet kidlings. It makes me want to put all of my dishes low so that the Madeline can start working on that skill..