Friday, May 11, 2007

Mother/ Daughter Tea.

I am trying to gear up for the Mother/Daughter Tea tomorrow. I am hosting a table and three girlfriends, their young daughters, my daughter and my mom will be there. I am so excited about being able to do it this year, having my own little girl to take.

The part I am NOT excited about? Going to our storage unit bright and early in the morning with Steve, who gets home tonight about midnight, and rummaging through trying to find my china, my linens, my glassware, and my flatware. Um, I think I know where they *might* be. If I can't find them in time to head up to the school gym and set the table? Well, I suppose disposable can feel just as special. Um, NOT.

I didn't really anticipate needing my china until we were at least in our new house. How wrong I was. I better just bring it back home after the Tea tomorrow. After all, Steve's birthday is coming up in June and we'll be having another baby in early July. Both will require some china, right? Er....maybe just beer. Yeah. Nothing says "Happy Birthday" or "Welcome home, New Baby!" like beer.

I am tired. This might be a longer 7 weeks than I expected. Is it possible that they could have my due date wrong? By, say, a MONTH?

5 comments:

One Boys Mom said...

Can't believe you only have 7 weeks left. I'm planning a trip in late June...maybe the timing will be perfect to see the latest addition :)

Jill said...

Um, yeah. I was just thinking that they have my due date off by about 3 months. Coming off of a twin pregnancy, I thought I would feel tiny for the entire pregnancy this time around. Yet, I found myself asking my husband today, "Is it just me, or does this mirror make everything look about a foot wider?"

Anyway, you make me laugh and smile as always. A mother/daughter tea sounds so lovely. I hope you find that China. Mine is still at my parents' house. It was a wedding gift. We've been married almost seven years.

Christy said...

I really really can't wait until you have this new little one so I can meet him/her and get a baby fix. I think I am a whole month into my "silent about another baby" period. xoxo

Melissa said...

ONLY SEVEN MORE WEEKS?!?!

That just seems unbelievable. Where did the time go? Those last few weeks are the hardest. I got lucky with Meghan and skipped the last five weeks! Not that I'm saying I want you to have the baby THAT early...but maybe just a couple of weeks wouldn't be so bad. ;)

Your Mother/Daughter tea sounds so fun. Ella is going to feel like such a princess! Good luck finding the china!

Celeste Creates said...

Wow! 7 weeks. And, yep, you're feeling about like I did. The fourth pregnancy was by far the hardest even though I was in the best shape and the lowest weight I've ever been. I hit this turning point around 34 weeks. It was like one day I was feeling great and the next I felt WAY too pregnant. I think having three other kids makes it this way. I can't wait for baby to be here! Wish I was close so I could visit.

Have a wonderful tea! We are having mother's day burgers with the moms.