Friday, May 04, 2007

San Diego or bust!

We're off to San Diego this morning. Bags have been packed, camera is charged, backpacks are sufficiently overloaded with activity books, kindergarten workbooks (Thank you, Grandma) and Sesame Street Uno cards (Thank you, Noni), and a doctor's note and prenatal records for Mommy. Apparently, 8 month pregnant women make airlines nervous. I should just tell the lady at the ticket counter, "Look, my huband says he refuses to EVER have a baby in California. So, let's not worry". Somehow, I don't think she'll be comforted.

Seaworld, Legoland, the Zoo, Pacific Beach, The Mission and SOME GREAT SUSHI! await us. Oh, and a maternity swimsuit. That'll be fun. What you wear in San Diego stays in San Diego.

Steve will be staying down an extra four days for a conference for work. The poor guy is going to have to suck it up, enjoy all that sunshine, those great restaurants AND "sleep in". He'll be in my prayers. It's gonna be rough.

Thank you, Grandma for keeping, entertaining, and loving on baby Shepherd. He will no doubt have MUCH more fun with you than he would being dragged to and fro, skipping naps and riding in rented strollers. Five days on 'the farm' with slides, tractors, and kitties is just what the doctor ordered for this 16 month old!

This little vacation is long overdue for this family! We'll check in after we're home.

6 comments:

Celeste Creates said...

You have probably already left, but we hope you have a wonderful trip! Sounds like a winner!

God bless!

Melissa said...

Oh, that is going to be such an amazing vacation! I cannot wait to hear all about it upon your return!

(And please...DO NOT have that baby while you are gone! I think Steve's assurance that he will never have a baby in California should be enough. ;))

Christy said...

Enjoy the trip! Looking forward to hearing about it when you return. :)

Jill said...

Hey-
I'm back to blogging and am smiling upon getting a dose of your humor that I always loved! Enjoy your trip.

Mom of boys said...

My husband and I are going to be in San Diego for a conference in about a month. Let me know what activity or two is most worth doing in a free half day (I think we will have two!).

Crafty Mom said...

That sounds like so much fun!! I have gone the maternity suit route with my 2nd baby. I have never felt more like a beached whale. And needless to say, thinking a tankini type would be better for potty trips, I ended up despising the thing since the top always floated up.

Sounds like your trip was a standard with children. Someone must always get sick!! I think there is a requirement or something.

I found your blog via Celeste's and it sounds like we have lots in common. I too have my degree in Psychology and a masters in it as well, but raising my kiddos is definately the best job ever.

I hope to frequent your blog more often.