Friday, May 18, 2007

Retreat.

Literally.

I am retreating. I am heading up this weekend to what is sure to be the most peaceful and calming retreat. We have a Marian theme this year and I will be surrounded by friends in faith--the best kind.

I am so grateful to have the blogger friends that I do, the kind who give support and encouragement all the while inspiring me to look deeper and to see farther down the road. I am grateful for family and extended family who understand my vocation and make me feel appreciated. I am grateful for my children who make me laugh deeper, make me cry harder, and make my life immeasurably richer than it ever could have been otherwise.

I am grateful for my huband. I am grateful for his unwavering strength, calmness, and gentle love. I cannot imagine what I would do if I were gone all day, working, and then came home to a wife who just seemed to fall into a puddle of either tears or anger. I cannot imagine myself being so gentle and compassionate in the face of personal weakness. God truly blessed me with Steve. He really did.

I'll check in after I get back and, until then, know that I am thanking all of your for your support and love.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Enjoy your well-deserved retreat. A great time to refresh and have fun.
What a beautiful reflections on all of the things you are grateful for. I feel so similar. You said it well.
And I had to add that, regarding your last post, I actually like cemetaries. I find them very peaceful. :)

Christy said...

Hope your weekend was lovely.

Melissa said...

I've thought about you all weekend, praying for you and wishing that I, too, could be there on that beautiful retreat!

I am so thankful to have you for a friend, and so hope that you found some peace and comfort in the quiet of your faith filled weekend.