Monday, August 27, 2007

Explanation Necessary.

I don't have a whole lot of time or energy this evening but I feel as though I just threw pictures at you without saying a word. "There!" was what was likely conveyed, right?

Not my intent. I promise. It has been such a strange and hectic past week and weekend. My mom was in the hospital with a very dangerous blood infection (she is doing SO much better now), I came down with strep throat on Thursday afternoon and finally started some antibiotics ( Thank God for those!) on Saturday and am now feeling like a rock star! Well...probably better than a rock star and a whole lot less hung-over.

The pictures were just some random photos that I have taken over the last few weeks. If it seems like there are a lot of boys in this family, well, yes, there are. And if it seems like all Roan does is sleep, well, yes, that's true too. But if it seems like that house is HUGE, well, no, not exactly. Yes, it is a good size (4300 sq ft.) but it is awfully deceiving with the two side garages. Yes, both sides are garages; one has only one door and will be more of a "shop" for Steve and the other will have two doors and will be where we park our cars. Okay, I just felt like I needed to clarify so that we didn't seem so ostentatious. I have felt so darn defensive and secretive about it. I hate that. I am going to stop that now. Right now. Really. I am. Here I go.

A very good friend of mine had her sweet baby boy today. Steve and I will be his Godparents and these good friends will be Roan's. We are having a joint baptism and have just been waiting for this little boy to finally make his debut! We are so glad he's here; Isaiah Bendedict. Just beautiful. This is a friend who, like me, and Jill , and Celeste, now has three boys and one girl. I had no idea having so many boys would make me so happy. Okay, I guess I don't really have SO many. I suppose I could have four. Or five. Or nine. I should just stop talking now.

Anyway, this good friend of mine who had this baby today? Yeah, I watched her three kids, her two boys and one girl, and my three boys and one girl. You did that math right? It was a fun, busy day with much organized chaos. I have not been this tired since I gave birth six weeks ago. I can't think of any way I would have rather spent my day though. When their dad called, we were at the park. The screams that came out of these beautiful children reacting to the news that their newest sibling had entered the world were tear jerking. And that? That was priceless.






 




3 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh, Nicloe! I feel so awful to think that my comment may have made you feel, even for a minute, the slightest bit defensive. But I can see how it could have been misinterpreted...so for the record, I would just like to clarify that I LOVE your new house and I am SO happy for you guys! It's gorgeous! You are building your dream home! I hope you'll banish all feelings of defensiveness and secrecy and just enjoy--and take pride in--the beautiful home you are building for your beautiful family. You are so very blessed!

And as far as your lovely picture post, I think your title said it all: "Family Happenings." How perfectly that summed it up! I couldn't wait to show Darren when he got home last night!

I'm so terribly sorry, though, to hear the back story of how you've all been doing this past week. I sincerely hope and pray that both you and your mom are doing better.

And finally, congratulations to your friend! What wonderful news! I particularly loved hearing about the planned joint baptism. Caitlyn and my neice were baptized together by my sister-in-law's brother, who, sadly, was battling cancer at the time. (He passed away a few months later, not long after celebrating the one year anniversary of his ordination.)

Anyway, what I mostly wanted to say is that I hope you will accept my humblest and most sincere apology if I in any way made you feel bad, because that certainly was NOT my intent.

I love you, friend.

He who wears the most black wins. said...

Oh, Melissa!!! No, no, no! I am so sorry you thought I was talking about you! No, no, no!

Most all of my good friends--especially electronic ones! :)- have been so wonderful, and truly happy for us. Seriously, you, my beautiful friend, did not insult me in the least.

A good friend of mine here, who is a southerner, agrees that we "northerners" can be snide. We can be envious and not willing to share in someone's joy or wish them well. We tend to be much more self-absorbed. Every man for himself. I hate that. I, being a northerner, am embarrassed by that. I have found that, with building this house, it is more common for us to hear, "My God! It's huge!" than it is for us to hear, "How perfect for your growing family. It's beautiful. Congratulations!" You know?

So....I've said enough. Suffice it to say, I am so NOT angry or upset with you, you silly girl! I love you and, at the end of the day, always consider you one of my most genuine and loving friends.

Peace be with you. Now, go, and have a beautiful day! You Southerner!

Celeste Creates said...

OK, you two. You are going to make me cry again. Melissa already made me cry with the song in her sidebar. Now this! What is an emotional mother to do???? :)

It is a beautiful home. I know the home we almost bought recently was 3500 square feet. We are doing fine in 1900 right now, but I can see us really growing into 3500. I am sure we will be there too, someday. All I have to say is when can we all come spend the night? It is so gorgeous! We are thrilled for you. I look forward to photos of its progress. Plus more of the beautiful children and the handsome husband.

Much love!