Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Sustenance.

I love this recipe so much I have made it twice in two days (I made a batch for a friend who just had a baby so we didn't eat them all ourselves). Imagine, delicious AND high in fiber, low in sugar, high in moisture and low in fat. Now I will concede, usually if something is good for me I will convince myself it's delicious as well even if, according to Steve, it tastes like cardboard. I swear, though, these babies are different. They really ARE delicious. Really. Try them. Hey, the kids love them too. 

I cook a lot but I don't think I have ever posted a recipe here before. I should start doing that more often. Food is just so much fun; experimenting with flavors, herbs, and spices. Wouldn't you agree?

In the first couple months after I have a baby I find myself doing a lot more baking. I don't enjoy baking nearly as much as I do cooking so I feel a bit stumped as to why I feel inclined to bake post-pardom. All I can figure is that it must be biological. Or colonial. It's much easier to feed a whole colony with baked goods than it is to feed them with a chanterelle, courgette and goat cheese sautee'.

Enjoy.






1 comment:

Jill said...

I'll have to give them a try. I generally like to cook better than bake too. But, lately I've been into baking because Aslynn loves to help, and mixing dry ingredients together in a bowl seems a bit less daunting than having her work with stain-producing sauces and raw meats. I can't believe you are ambitious in the kitchen at all after having a baby. I'm anxiously awaiting the meal line-up from my church group after Henry is born. ;)
Yes, you should post more recipes. I was on a roll for awhile. I have to get some more posted.
Hope you are enjoying your little ones. Looking forward to joining you in the one girl/three boy world. I think!!