Sunday, May 07, 2006

Camping Trip.

Steve did something very fun tonight. He made an entire camping experience for the kids and me. The tent is set up in the back yard right in front of our "campfire" firepit. We ate turkey dogs, and made s'mores! The kids got to help roast weenies and shmellows alongside daddy, fashioning roasting skewers out of a limb from our cherry tree (sharpening them into points with an exacto-knife. Do people take those camping?) Daddy brought out some blankies and pillows and we told, or read rather, stories- all of us snuggled up like four bugs in a rug, er....tent.

Okay, so the RAW thing is off. That was an incredible experience and one that I want to try again when I am not nursing anymore. I didn't have the "INSANE" energy I set myself up to believe I would have, which was a bit of a let down. I do however completely believe in the premise. I AM going to do it again. Right now though, I don' t think I can afford to be so run down and miss out on that time with my family. I really missed cooking too. I still cooked for the rest of the family, but it wasn't the same. When your heart isn't in it, the food can't be THAT good.

Steve and I are now having a weight loss challenge. He doesn't know that we are actually competing yet, but he will after he reads this. Now I just have to figure out what the prize will be. Since we decided that we're complete fat asses, we actually fought Dini for the ball. Let me explain..... I stand, in the proper ball-throwing, fetch-playing stance with my arm ready to throw the baseball for Dini. Dini stands in the "Are you throwing it? Are you throwing it? Are you throwing it? Are you throwing it? Are you throwing it?" position waiting for me to...you guessed it, throw it. Steve stands right next to him, assuming the same stance (but probably thinking much more intelligent thoughts). Both of them are fixated on the ball and my release. I throw. They run. Steve almost wins. But not quite. Steve and I took turns tonight. I think Dini actually ran faster with competition. I would still pay a hundred bucks to know what the hell he thought about Steve and I taking turns fetching...right alongside him. Frankly, I think he was pissed. Whatever, we burned calories and I have no doubt gave the neighbors a good laugh. Just stop for a moment. Picture it. As Mistalyn says, you just can't make this stuff up.

We are interviewing the new kindergarten teacher for the school tomorrow. There were five applicants and I am the ONLY parent on the panel. I supposed that's normal. I guess it makes sense. Part of me feels like there should be more of us, the other part wonders what the hell I'm doing there in the first place. What do I know about education? What does matter to me the most though, is that it be truly catholic, which might ruffle some feathers. But, if it's not then what makes us any different than Daystar or The Christian Academy? The other panelists are the Principal, the secretary, the preschool teacher, and the SAC chairman. What should I wear. I supposed anything in my wardrobe would do. Just as long as I don't have a Basic Instinct moment, I'll be fine.

Oh, we painted the master bedroom today. Just a word to the wise; when the swatch in the paint aisle says "Cocoa Creme" just assume it's a hideous "Sugarplum". Unless you like that color, just put it down and look for the swatch that says, "Paper Bag". That's the one you want. I wish I were kidding.

2 comments:

One Boys Mom said...

You are Blessed :)

One Boys Mom said...

And you deserve it!