Thursday, May 11, 2006

"Power of a Praying Parent"

Stormie O'Martian's "Power of a Praying Wife" changed my life. It changed Steve's life. Literally. I just ordered her book "Power of a Praying Parent". There are days, specifically relating to Miss Ella, that I think to myself...."What exactly am I doing here? Where am I trying to lead my family? Do I serve a greater purpose other than maid, cook, and driver? Do I make a difference at all? I do. I know that I do. I just need some help bringing me back to feeling it. O'Martian's books are awesome because she gives you like thirty areas of each person's life to pray for! Call me Abraham, because there are some days when sacrificing my child to glorify God seems not altogether an impossible task. At least if I start praying for them, I KNOW they'll go to heaven! Like a friend said to me recently, I can be pretty persuasive.

Should it offend me that I can see that over 60 people have viewed my profile and only ONE comments on a regular basis? Nobody likes me. I guess I'll go eat some worms.

The Principal of the school wants me to go speak to the Moses Lake parish this Sunday. A friend and I spoke to the Ephrata Masses about two months ago. It seemed to make an impart and we actually got five new students after we spoke. Time to rev em' up again! I am hopeful that someone will feel spoken to. There are too many people with children in public education that just seem to be sacrificing too much. Can you imagine a world filled with schools that begin with asking the Lord to help them throughout the day and to bring them comfort, schools that pray for a new family every day of the school year? Whoa.

I am wearing a yellow shirt today. I feel like a big bumblebee. I think I need to go change.

No comments: