Saturday, May 06, 2006

pet peeves

I had my bible study/book club this morning. Usually, I really look forward to spending three hours with these wonderful ladies. Today, I was irritated and frustrated. Not a nice way to be when you are gathering in the name of GOD.

I was asked to take the lead and start selecting books for us to read. I did so. Everyone seemed excited and enthused last time we met when discussing our next book (that I had chosen PER THEIR REQUEST). Yeah, you guessed it. ONE other person read the book and she only got 100 pages into it.The other SEVEN said, and I quote, "I was just too busy, but it's awesome that you had time to read it". Hmmm....did I mention that I am the ONLY ONE in that group with more than two children? I let them know in the mildest way that I could that I sort of felt laughed at. It was definitely a humbling and ego deflating experience for me today. On the upside, oh wait.....there is none.

I painted the boys' room today. It looks great. I only wish I had gotten to it a YEAR ago. It will be so nice for them, especially now that Shepherd is a big boy sleeping in his crib right next to his protective big brother.

The roofers came yesterday to deliver the shingles on top of the house. They will start on Monday. Right now, we sort of look like the epitome of white trash, weighing our house down like mobile home ready to drift down the flooded street. Roofers are funny. They look like the hardest workers you have ever seen and they speak as if the cut their teeth on the F-word. They made us laugh. One guy, the boss I think, says to me, "Hey, I see you got three kids there! If I were you, I'd stop now. My wife and me, we got three kids. Holy shit. They are so lazy! I tell ya, I don't know where they get this shit. It must be from their friends. We can't get em' to do nothin'!" I'm thinking yeah, that's it.....their friends. I replied, "Well, around these parts, we're a family. That means we bust our asses...together!" Okay, I said it a little nicer than that, but you get the gist.

I do find it rather entertaining how many people complain about how lazy their children are. As if, by osmosis, they just "picked it up" somewhere, sort of like swearing and beating your cat.

Wow, this is sort of a venting post. Sorry about that for those two of you that are reading it. I think I'm tired today. Either that or just tired of peoples' shit. Probably the former, but much easier to bitch about the latter.

2 comments:

One Boys Mom said...

I'm with ya sister. Declan is already hearing "such and such is YOUR responsibility. Mommy cooks, Mommy does the dishes, Mommy does the laundry. You're FOUR and now this is YOUR responsibility!" I w

One Boys Mom said...

O.K. I woke up thinking about your blog. I had to re-read it, I don't quite get why you felt laughed at? Sometimes I think I just don't get things, sorry.