Monday, December 04, 2006

Advent activities update..

I told you I would post and let you in on our activities each night, as we celebrate the season of Advent together. Sorry I'm a day late. Please excuse my slackerdom.

For the first day of Advent, we talked about Luke 1:26-32, " God sent the angel Gabriel to a town called Nazareth...", and said a prayer thanking God for His special plan for Mary and for us, too. Then, we made an angel ornament for the Christmas tree. Steve, who has let me know how "non-crafty" I am (in the most loving way), had to show me up with not one, but two PERFECT ornaments.

Tonight's reading and discussion was from Matthew 2:6. "Out of you, little town of Bethlehem, will come the greatest of rulers, for He will be the Shepherd of all of God's people." We followed with a prayer thanking Jesus for being the Good Shepherd, and always taking care of all of our needs, keeping us safe and sound. We made a sheep ornament.

Steve thinks we should post some pictures. What do you think?

I am SO happy to be doing this for Advent this year. We made our own Advent wreath this year as well.

Noni is here for the next couple days and is so much fun to have around. She has been playing with the kids in ways that I never seem to find time to, doing laundry, dishes, and cleaning. She helped us decorate the tree and make our ornaments. Where does she get all this crazy energy? She did ask this evening, after our "Advent Craft Time", if it was bedtime yet. :)

Life is so blessed and I am really, really trying to take it one beautiful day at a time.

I am fully aware that I have yet to post about Ella's 3rd birthday. I am sorry. There is so much to tell and what with all the crimestopping I've been doing, I just haven't had time. It's coming. Soon. I promise. Really.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Yes! Please! Pictures!

I love hearing about the wonderful time you're having celebrating Advent with your kids. I think it's so awesome that they even get to have their Noni helping out with all the fun! How very lucky...for all of you! :)

I can't wait to hear all about Ella's birthday. I hope she had a great day!

Christy said...

Thanks for the update. I still need to get my tree up. I think that is what we will do on Emma's real birthday (Wednesday). I love what you are doing with your kidlings. you are such a good mama!

Celeste Creates said...

Yes, pictures, please. Your adoring public clamors for them! Of this comes form Miss Photo Happy Woman over here in Texas, but anyway!! Great ideas for the ornaments!

Jill said...

I'm surprised you posted this soon after your wild day of crimestopping. Wouldn't it be great if they happened to be filming one of those COPS shows (or whatever they are) and you were on tv?
By the way, I was a psychology minor in college. Code word for: I was actually done with my elementary education degree, but wanted to play soccer for another season and needed a reason to tell my parents why I couldn't graduate yet. "A psych minor will give me that extra edge when I'm trying to get a teaching job." Or, if you never end up teaching and get married and stay home with a bunch of babies instead, it serves as a fun application of all that you learned in class. I mean, how many times do you see Pavlov's classical conditioning at work every day? My kids aren't salivating at the sound of a bell, but...well, they do salivate at the sound of the cupboards creaking while Mommy is trying to sneak a little chocolate...

Ok, I'm blogging you. Kids are sleeping. Time to let the cupboards creak.

One Boys Mom said...

What a cool tradition! I still need to get my decorations up :(