Saturday, December 09, 2006

Reason for the Season

Day 6: Jesus said, "Look at the birds-they don't buy or make their food and they don't store it anywhere. God is the one who takes care of them. You are even more valuable to God than the birds." Luke 12:24

Lesson learned? Do not be afraid of losing anything and do not be bound by earthly possessions. Thank you God, for always taking care of our needs when we trust in You. Amen.

We made a feast for the birds! We dipped pinecones in peanut butter and than rolled them in birdseed. We hung 5 of them throughout our yard for the birds to enjoy.

Day 7: Tonight we talked about Psalm 127:2. God grants His loved ones sleep. The Bible tells us that God never sleeps. Tonight, when we put the kids to bed, we'll thank Him for keeping watch and protecting us while we sleep.

We had a nice day today. Daddy and Paxton had a "Boy's Morning" and then came home and put lights on the house. Ella helped me do a little cooking and baking and Shepherd crawled around, getting into anything he thought looked fun. We watched the space shuttle launch as a family tonight and the kids LOVED it. It is pretty amazing isn't it? We are able to go into OUTER SPACE.

Steve and I are having a date after the kids go to bed. We're watching a movie and sitting on the couch, side by side. It seems that with all the hustle and bustle of this season and the activity that surrounds us, we are left at the end of the day looking at each other saying, "Hey, who are you? When did you get here?"

Tonight I'd like to look at him and say, "Hey, there you are! I've missed you."

4 comments:

Melissa said...

That last sentence makes me want to cry.

God bless you both! Hope you enjoy your date!

P.S. I love the pinecone bird feeders! I did the same thing with my kids back in October, to celebrate the feast day of St. Francis. So fun!

Celeste Creates said...

Great to hear the updates on activities. Brian and I watched a movie the other night too - my favorite Christmas Carol version - and layed on the floor together. It can become so easy to be busy even in the evenings or to just find our separate comfy spot sto recline and watch TV.

Oh, and thanks for watching the shuttle launch. Brian was working the launch. He supports Mission Control in the back room. He and his team are responsible for how the shuttle flies in the first 3 minutes following liftoff. It is so exciting for us every time. We didn't get to watch it last night b/c Nicole was dancing in her ballet Christmas program. Sadly Brian had to miss it, but thankfully he isn't there trying to get it off again today.

Many blessings on your Second Sunday of Advent.

He who wears the most black wins. said...

Melissa: I LOVED doing the birdfeeders with the kids. I think it was your blog where I learned HOW to do it. So, thank you. :)

Celeste: Do you have any idea how cool you guys are?! Steve just read your comment and was so excited. So neat that Brian gets to be a part of that, and his family too.

Celeste Creates said...

Too funny. I guess we take it so for granted around here because SO many people work for the space program. Included are one of my sisters, her husband, Robin's husband (Family Zoo), Michele's husband (Queen of the Castle). We are all just one big happy family. I am just thrilled that someone else gets excited about it. I hate that people don't give the space shuttle launch a second thought nowadays. I love it. It is a dream for my husband to do what he does and we are so thankful.