Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Nutthouse? Anyone? No? Just me?

Two birthday's down. One to go.

I have been to Spokane and back, we're off to Paxton's Christmas play tonight, Dad's birthday lunch and volunteer work tomorrow, then off to Spokane for the weekend.

I keep having this huge expectation of myself this time of year. It's been eating at me that I STILL haven't posted pictures of Ella's birthday, talked about it, posted pictures of Shepherd's birthday, talked about that, or posted any pictures of our Advent projects. I have to let it go. When I get to it, I'll get to it. Right? Until then....I'll just keep beating myself up that I can't seem to pull everything together enough to at least appear organized.

We are still doing our nightly Advent projects. We are still doing family activities and trying our darndest to relax and enjoy the season as much as we can. I am trying to stay as relaxed and upbeat as possible. The thing is, I have just seemed to have lost my "filter" as of late. You know, that filter than enables one to tolerate peoples' bullsh*t? My filter is totally busted right now. Does that have anything to do with pregnancy? With holidays and mingling different families? With feeling like crud in general for a good half of the day?

My mom, who's a therapist, says this is her busiest time of year. Hmmm....I can't imagine why.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh, sweetie! We still love you! Please don't worry about having not posted pictures...I'm sure you all had a wonderful time with both Ella and Shepherd's birthday parties, and THAT'S what's important! You can post about them any ol' time...heck, next month if need be...and we'll still be just as thrilled! I'd really hate to think that this is causing you stress, and I apologize sincerely if any of my comments have made you feel pressured!

I think it's wonderful that you're still doing your nightly Advent projects and family activities. You are creating priceless memories! As your mom can attest to, this IS a stressful time of year. I read a great post recently at "O Night Divine" that dealt with kids and holiday stress, but I think the points it made could well apply to adults, too. It's really helping me keep things in perspective when I'm tempted to really lose it over things I feel like I should have absolute control over. (You can read the post here.)

I'll say an extra prayer for you today. Hope you have a wonderful time celebrating your dad's birthday!

Christy said...

It has to do with being pregnant AND being human during the holidays. The holidays require a lot of emotional navigating. They are so amazing, and they push us to our energy limits. I am truly impressed by what you accomplish. Make your blogging commitment come after your resting and relaxing commitment! And don't feel guilty about it.

He who wears the most black wins. said...

Oh, thank you sweet friends. You are so wonderful to me and I don't deserve this level of unconditional love!

Merry Christmas to you both and you will be in MY prayers as well, for a really happy and blessed Christmas surrounded by family and Christ's peace.

Anonymous said...

As long as you stay so real about what is....and you are...you don't have to worry about needing a therapist! You are right on track. As far as getting things done, join the crowd. Sounds like you are prioritizing just fine. love to you.