Wednesday, April 26, 2006

eating RAW....easy as pie

I can't believe how much I love this. I have been eating raw for only four days now, but already feel really good. I have more energy and am clearer headed. I love what I have been reading about all the benefits. I also and addicted to sugar and am dealing with that a bit as well. I realize that my relationship with food needs to be examined. I know how to eat healthfully, that's not the problem. The problem is the obsession about why I am or am not +/- five pounds at any given moment. It totally takes away an gratitude that I might have about the food God gave us and it's purpose; to NOURISH our bodies, not to undereat, overeat, abuse, manipulate and change. Now, don't get me wrong, I see NOTHING wrong with enjoying a good steak, a nice glass of wine, or a yummy piece of homemade pie. But I think, for the most part, Americans have no idea how to do that. Because, to them, enjoying something doesn't stop there. Not only do we enjoy it but we either want more and eat a lot more, want more and obsess about wanting more, want more and then tell ourselves what fat pigs we are and that we didn't deserve it in the first place, or we didn't even enjoy while we were eating it because we were thinking about how long we were going to have to spend on the treadmill to "burn that shit off!". Do you think people had these sick relationships with food five hundred years ago. I doubt it. Man, now I really do sound like a tree-hugging hippie.

One of my friend's is in the hospital giving birth as I type this. How cool. I went to see her last night and take over some muffins and some size one pink running shoes. What baby girl couldn't use some running shoes?! My friend was obviously uncomfortable. It was hard to see her that way, but sort of fun to see what REAL labor looks like. I have never had that. Even with Shepherd, I just petered out and needed "augmentation". I decided last night that, no matter how long I have to be pregnant next time, I am going to wait it out and let my body go into labor when it's darn good and ready. I'll post again about this topic when I am about 38 weeks into my next pregnancy. Thank God I don't have to sign anything.

I got my Cuisinart today! I made homemade peanut butter for the kids. Well, more for Paxton and myself, since Ella is allergic. It was SO good and all I had to do was mix peanuts for two minutes. How idiot-proof is that? I love that kind of convenience to make healthy food! I still have a little work to do (with respect to a RAW lifestyle), since my first thought was.....Ooooooo, this would be so good if I threw some dark chocolate pieces in it!

No comments: