Monday, November 13, 2006

Bring it on.

The sickness has officially hit. It has been progressing for a few days now but this morning was when I knew for sure that it was here.

I was reading a news site. One of the stories titled, "Burger King Manager Shoots Teen" sent me running to the toilet. Just looking at the words Burger King. That was enough. Smells always get me. But, sometimes it seems just the word has the power to conjure a smell.

I haven't worn perfume since 2001. I still can't think about a twinkie without gagging (bad experience in 5th grade). So...I think it's psychological for me. Yes, that's what it is. I am a tiny bit crazy. It's all in my head. I should just snap out of it!

In the mean time, Steve and the kids are on their own for breakfast for a while. Steve asked me this morning to buy some "good cereal". Apparently, the kids weren't really digging my Fiber One and Shredded Wheat options. We've never really been a cereal family but, I think with pregnancy #4 we might have to become one.

Vomiting from hormones indicating an actively growing, healthy baby? Bring it on.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cereal is great, what kind of food has all those different vitamins???

He who wears the most black wins. said...

A vitamin.

;)

Anonymous said...

What week are you? I hope the nausea passes quickly. I am jealous of all this baby growing that you are doing...I guess I've never had serious morning sickness though. So you must be way passed trying to brush your tongue...

Anonymous said...

hi and hello. Vomiting is a good sign I think... I remember learning in psychology that it was a sign of survival of the fittest instinct, so that women wouldn't eat something that would hurt the baby. Maybe you should try Trader Joe's cheese pizza. That is what Christy survived on while she was prego with Maddy.

Celeste Creates said...

Yep. I never have had bad morning sickness, but Raisin Bran did it forme, but I hate Raisin Bran anyway - sogy in milk.

Melissa said...

Ugh. Smells always did me in, too. I never did find any sure remedy, sometimes what worked one day would be an absolute failure the next. Hope you're able to find some relief!

Mom of boys said...

My worst sickness was with my third son. I couldn't be anywhere near food, or get out of bed in the morning without feeling it.

With two other little ones to feed, I tried all sorts of stuff - I found mint really worked best (if you like mint, that is!). Luckily for me, it was Feb. and we had just gotten those thin mint Girl Scout cookies. I would have a couple first thing in the morning, and then a couple while I cooked dinner.

I have been pretty lucky for my other pregnancies (so far!).