Monday, November 20, 2006

Here we go!

We are showing our house to some prospective buyers tomorrow. Is it too late to paint? Seriously. We are going to do some painting tonight. That's how we roll. Let's just say a small prayer that we are able to rid the house of too many paint smells. Ew.

I am cooking Thanksgiving dinner at my house this year. I decided that, in an effort to thwart any and all vomiting while we have guests here, I am going to do as much prep work as I can ahead of time. Good idea? I think so. Frankly, the thought of the blended smells of turkey, pumpkin, garlic, cranberries, rosemary, and broccoli conjures lamentations of a violent vomiting episode. Whoa. I better stop writing about food.

I have successfully figured out that the more tired I am, the worse the heaving is in the morning. If I can be sure to get a good nights rest, I can be feeling good enough to eat something by 9 or so. After going to a football game on Saturday and being out way too late, I couldn't eat a thing until about 2:30. I did take the Eucharist at Mass, thinking that if anything would heal me, that'd do it. Our priest leaned in, gave me the host, and whispered, " God bless you, Nicole". I cried. I know I'm hormonal but, come on, how beautiful was that?

The sweetest thing I heard yesterday was from Paxton. "Mommy, I'm excited to go to Jesus' house!" (And I don't mind admitting that, in my head, I was patting myself on the back all the way to the car.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Showing he house, how exciting. Be prepared to pack because that jewel is going fast!!! All the hard work Team Prentice has put into that house will come back ten fold. So sorry about the whole vomitting thing....as you said, it's the sign of a healthy baby.
love you, Mom.

Melissa said...

Paxton sounds like such a sweetheart. Ironically, I was going to post this morning about how horrible Dylan was at Mass yesterday but ultimately decided against embarrassing us that way. Can we borrow Paxton for a while? Maybe he'd be a good influence!

As for Thanksgiving, I think your idea of preparing as much as possible ahead of time is an excellent one. I've heard that ginger is supposed to be very helpful with "morning" sickness (which is my case was actually "all day and sometimes even all night sickness"!) But I do seem to remember that munching on ginger snaps was sometimes quite helpful. And yes...DO get lots of rest!

Which brings me to my final thought. Just to make sure I have this right: you are in the violently ill stage of pregnancy, with the holidays rapidly approaching, AND you're getting ready to sell your house?! Whoa. You amaze me. Seriously! I wish you much luck with the prospective buyers tomorrow, I sure hope it goes well. Oh...and air that house out well while you're painting!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I didn't realize you were about to put the house on the market. Good luck in that. I don't mind the smell of fresh paint. You go girl!

Anonymous said...

How did the house showing go???

He who wears the most black wins. said...

The house showing went well.....I think. These people are SO hard to read. I couldn't tell if they were madly in love with it or thought the place resembled the city dump. ( okay, a little dramatic)

They asked a ton of questions and were willing to rent to us until our house is finished being built. ( Two serious positives in my book!)

I'll keep you all posted. ;) Thanks for the well wishes.