Thursday, November 16, 2006

Thankful Thursdays

First, thank you Melissa for inspiring this.

Oftentimes it's hard to remind myself to really stop and thank God for His providence. For His undying love for me and my family, our marriage. For Team Prentice. I don't even have to think for a second about how we are blessed because it's just so evident.

I am thankful for my four miracles, three with names so far. I am thankful for an amazing husband who, to copy Melissa's sentiment, I don't deserve. I am thankful for some incredibly deep, supportive, enriching friendships. Women-friendships and especially couple-friendships. I am thankful for newfound blogger friends, who I have more in common with than anyone I know.

I can recall one night, while lying in bed, Steve and I both crying, praying that God please just fill our lives with some couple friends who He knew would help us along the path to which He was calling us. He did. And now we have trouble spending enough time with ALL of them.

I am thankful for parents, grandparents, and pets. I am thankful for Fall, Winter coats and mittens, and heat. I am thankful for books, sleeping babies, and tea.

I am thankful that I get to be home and watch my life unfold before my eyes. Children grow, houses change, and marriages grow stronger. And that's just what we can see. God is so good. His providence is amazing. What more could He have in store?

2 comments:

Melissa said...

You've brought tears to my eyes! Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful and heartfelt post.

"God is so good"...

Indeed.

Have a blessed day!

Anonymous said...

It is so warming to watch and listen as your walk with God grows deeper and richer. Love you. Mom