Thursday, November 02, 2006

Death and tax write-offs. The only sure things.

Okay. The auction that we have been working feverishly on is just two days away. My precious family has sacrificed SO much time with me in the last two weeks. It is crunch time. I will let you know how it turns out. God willing, it will be a huge success and all will attend feeling inspired to give.

Who are you praying for today, this All Souls Day?

Those on my list? My brother, grandpa, nana, great grandmas, great uncle, and Steve's grandma. May Christ's Peace comfort them and bring them home. May they enter into the gates having fulfilled their respective missions, those chosen spefically for them by Our Father. May we be aspiring to do the same this very moment here on earth. Life on earth is so short compared to eternity. As one of my favorite priests says, "We're all terminal". Are we doing everything we can to prepare?

Fundraisers and death. I am not sure of the parallel yet, but stay tuned.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I peeked in on the final flurry of decorating for the auction. You have done a wonderful job. Only a dedicated team can transform the cinder block walls of a school into a totally different world. Black drapes, velvet ropes, roses. a harpist, street lights, and candles all wisk you away into elegant evening. Everytime you turn around you notice some special touches that have been done. You have done an amazing job. I pray that your little school is blest by generous givers tomorrow night.
I am so proud of you.

Your Mom-in-law

Melissa said...

Hope it all goes well! Can't wait to hear all about it!