Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Finally, a reason.

Steve is in Seattle again for a few days. I am here. I am a teeny bit scared. No, not of handling the kids by myself. I am scared that they might need to eat before 11am. I am highly tempted to have a veritable smorgasbord laid out all over our dining room table, of non-perishable snack foods, full of transfats and completely devoid of any nutritional value. Ah....a girl can dream.

So, I think I will be gagging my way through breakfast preparation over the next couple days.

Paxton has preschool today and then I am off to volunteer for a few hours. Grammy is meeting me there and taking the kids out to lunch. That will be SO nice. We are getting ready to move our office into a new building and I am sure there will be permanent markers, tape, scissors and big boxes everywhere. That would spell WAY too much fun for little hands trying to "help" Mommy.

In other news, Shepherd is aggressively cutting his top two teeth. They are almost in. Maybe one more day. In the meantime, he seems to be enjoying biting everything .....and everybody. Hard.

How does one go about stopping an 11 month old from biting? An old pediatrician my parents used to see when we were little would say, "just bite him back.". Um, I think, for today, I'll just let that little gem of wisdom pass me by. That could explain SO much about why I have poor math skills and have a tendency to be controlling. My parents probably bit me.*




*probably not, but it sure makes for a good excuse for any and all dysfunction doesn't it?

No comments: