Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Update.

So, the prep work I have done today is beyond expectation. I am so happy to have most all of it done already.

Already finished and to be thrown in the oven for heating tomorrow: Pesto and artichoke baked brie in puffed pastry, balsamic marinated bacon wrapped shrimp, stuffing, homemade cranberry chutney, mashed potato casserole, sauteed sweet potatoes with roasted pecans and brown sugar glaze, Roasted vegetables with sharp cheddar peppered Dijon sauce, and pumpkin flan. Oh, yeah. The turkey. I have to be honest here and say that the turkey is my LEAST favorite part of Thanksgiving. What gives? It's just so....poultryesque.

I even managed to stop three different times and read stories about the first Thanksgiving with the kids.

Oh, and my biggest accomplishment of my only half-over day? I haven't yelled ONCE.

Thank you. Thank you. No applause please.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. You are amazing. I was feeling pretty productive today too...not anymore though. haha

Enjoy thanksgiving. The food sounds delicious!

Anonymous said...

Just think I get to partake of this marvelous feast! Nicole is an amazing chef.

Celeste Creates said...

Yippee! Congratulations on it all, esp. the yelling. We had a yell free day too.