Friday, October 19, 2007

Banquet success.

What a wonderful evening and what a wonderful treat to be able to meet and listen to this, rather young (25) man from College Station, Texas, speak about LIFE. It was an honor and even more wonderful to know that I had already met him when I went to College Station, a little over two years ago, at St. Thomas Aquinas, as we gathered and celebrated my cousin's baby's baptism. (Neither he nor I had any memory of our meeting. I even met his wife and their "Irish Twins". She is a Regnum Christi leader along with my aunt there.)

Sometimes it's a small, small world. I had been wanting to make another visit down because it was just so wonderful, but now I think I'd like to go again because I have another friend who feels as convicted about saving mothers and babies as I do. I am pretty sure that we made enough last night to obtain and operate that ultrasound we've been desperately wanting. Heartbeat International claims that 75-80% of women who have an ultrasound in the first trimester end up choosing life. I like those odds.

 A couple quotes from the slideshow Steve and I put together. I even snuck in a G. K. Chesterton  quote! 

"I swore never to be silent whenever and wherever human beings endure suffering and humiliation. We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented."
-Elie Wiesel, Holocaust Survivor.

"To have a right to do a thing is not at all the same as to be right in doing it." 
-G.K. Chesterton




 

4 comments:

Jill said...

Good for you! I do hope you get that ultrasound machine. That would be wonderful and would really help with your mission.
That quote makes me question myself. I just posted on my blog about how I don't like to dabble in anything controversial. Maybe I shouldn't be so silent. :) I will pray that my actions are enough.
You are wonderful.

Christine said...

One big event down (and sucessfully it sounds like) and a couple more to go.

I hope you made all you were hoping for and more.

Patriot said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jill said...

Hey-
I'm glad you liked our picture. I will definately send you our Christmas card and pictures from our stay in Europe. I loved your comment on my blog, but I deleted it because I'm not really making it public about which country we're going to yet. Some people at Paul's work don't even know...it's a complicated thing. Just in case...
Don't worry, though. Never hold back your comments. I love them!