Tuesday, October 02, 2007

How do you know your children attend a Christ centered school?

Your child comes home with a guardian angel pinned on the shoulder of their uniform shirt. And that prayer to their Guardian Angel that you pray with them before they leave for school in the morning? They say that at school too. Because it's the Feast of Guardian Angels today, that's why.

Angel of God, my guardian dear, to who God's love commits me here, ever this day be at my side, to light, to guard, to rule, to guide. Amen.

And Thursday? For the feast of St. Francis of Assisi? The priest will have a  "blessing of the animals"--all the students' pets from home. ( All of us parents will be taking care of the transport to and fro, of course). Is that awesome, or what? Seriously.

You're not even going to believe what they have planned for All Saints Day!

2 comments:

Celeste Creates said...

Such wonderful little posts you shared. It is so refreshing to read about more couples who really love each other. You are a wonderful wife!

I love that they are doing all those things at your school. A blessing indeed. It seems they are on the right track and doing things just right. Couldn't be happier for your family.

Need new updated photos of Roan. Post soon!!!!!

Much love and many prayers from one crazy busy mommy of four to another!

Jill said...

I am so glad you have your kids at such a faith-filled school. When we get back from Europe we have no idea what we're going to do about schooling. (I guess that's not true...we have a million ideas. We just can't find peace yet!)
I love that you and your husband have really committed to spending time together. It's so hard right now with a newborn- he has to come everywhere with me. But, I know it's something we need to set time aside for. Too bad I don't live nearby. I would love to swap 'date nights' with you. I would watch eight kids (whoa!) and then switch. :)
I agree with Celeste. Need a Baby Roan fix!