Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Efficiency.

That is me, Ella, Paxton and baby Roan going to the dentist this morning. We all had staggered appointments. The kids had one room and each helped take x-rays of the other with Miss Carrie (the best pediatric (and adult) dentist in the ENTIRE WORLD.) The kids laughed, colored, x-rayed, polished, rinsed and sang songs from "The Little Mermaid". 

Next door, I lay there with baby Roan propped on my lap as I had my own exam and cleaning. He sang his own song, smiled, cooed and laughed through his mommy whining about flossing. I really despise flossing. Really. Natural childbirth? endurable. Flossing? Not so much.

It was a great morning and we were back in time for Paxton and Ella to go out to lunch with Daddy because they were just. that. good. 

I have a school board meeting (and CCD for Paxton) tonight, Crossroads Fund Raising Banquet tomorrow night, (Steve and I are putting the slide show together. With what time? I'm not sure.) and the school auction preparations are well under way. November 3rd? Yeah...it's a long way off, right? No stress. No stress at all. Hey, at least this year I was smart enough to CO-chair it. I feel a November/December hiatus in my future. 

Blessedly busy and blessedly EFFICIENT.

Thank you, Lord, for giving me the great kids you did. I am so grateful. What child starts to cry when you have to leave the dentist? Thank you, Lord, for Miss Carrie.


2 comments:

Melissa said...

I just have to smile at the image of you all at the dentist! How perfectly wonderful! :)

Good luck tonight with the Banquet!

Jill said...

Hope the banquet went well.
The dentist sounded like quite the success. My boys go for the first time next week. I hope we can say the same!