Saturday, August 12, 2006

...or the good news?

So...we were supposed to go to Cave-B tonight for our anniversary. We were supposed to taste wine, have dinner, stay in the cliffhouse suite and wake up to breakfast in bed. We were supposed to leave here in about 45 minutes to drop the kids off at grandma's for the rest of the weekend.

Tiffany from Cave-B called. She called Steve's work phone (thank goodness we were in the house!). Her voice was quivering. She regretted to inform us that they had DOUBLE BOOKED and could not honor our reservation. She felt horrible.

Steve got the news and felt horrible. Almost Ill. All his hard work and the effort he made to do something special, to be romantic, was going to be ruined.

And then.....

The good news. Tiffany felt so badly, that, in an effort to compensate for their error, she offered to upgrade us to the honeymoon suite (the best one they have), give us $100 towards our dinner, offer us a free wine tasting session, and throw in a free breakfast in bed. All this AND an apology that we would have to wait until tomorrow night instead of tonight. Was she kidding?! We needed to be thanking her for giving us an excuse to have a three-day weekend, no stress about having to try to figure out how to coordinate picking up the kids AND making it to Mass in the morning, letting us eat breakfast in bed, and maybe, just maybe, get through an entire morning paper without having to wipe someone else's rear end! God is so good. Tiffany is so good. Cave-B rocks. ( You can check it out online at http://www.cavebdirect.com/. They deserve a plug after this!)

If I weren't married to Steve, I just might ask Tiffany to marry me and stay in the honeymoon suite with me.

Oh, and Steve, happy 6th wedding anniversary. I love you so much. Thank you for sticking with me for six of the most amazing years of my life. You have forever changed the woman that I am and will be. You have given me three amazing children and you have required more of me than any other person I have ever known. Thank you. I love you.

4 comments:

Celeste Creates said...

yahoo!!!!!

Melissa said...

As my Grandpa would say, "See how the Lord provides?"

Happy anniversary!

Michelle said...

Happy anniversary. I'm pretty jealous. I can't remember to call for a babysitter for a dinner out...you've got a whole weekend away. WOW, you lucky dog.

Melissa said...

Okay, the suspense is killing me...how was your weekend?!