Thursday, July 20, 2006

bug legs and laundry don't mix.

So I decided that I have been putting it off for too long. I MUST READ Danielle Bean's book full of short stories to 'help you get through the day'. I am just having that kind of life right now.

I think that while I am excited about this dinner, the part I am not exactly acknowledging is the incredible amount of stress it involves trying to get everything done WITHOUT dropping my three children off at daycare. Oh, the things I could get done with a nanny! Steve's parents are taking the kids on Saturday which will be tremendously helpful. My dad's girlfriend, "Grammy", is taking them to the pool tomorrow for a few hours. Again, helpful. I just haven't quite figured out what to do with the baby. Hmm... he's so transportable but so unwilling to entertain himself for seven hours. Really, am I asking that much?

To add a little to the stress, Shepherd has had the worst reaction to vaccinations of all the kids. He has had a fever all day of about 102 and has been really uncomfortable. His legs seem sore and he just seems in a pain funk. Right along with my nipples. That saga continues as well, but the pain has eased a bit with introducing one bottle of formula mid-day. Stay tuned and, in advance, thanks for not judging me to be the worst mom that ever lived.

Oh! So in closing, what's gross? Pulling wet clothes out of the washing machine and out falls the top half of an exoskeleton of a stink bug. What's grosser than gross? Realizing that somewhere, likely in a pocket, is the bottom half, which is about to take a fun ride in the dryer. Eww.

No comments: