Wednesday, July 12, 2006

SO tired.

I had a great birthday. It was so busy and wonderful that I am DEFINITELY paying for it today. I am dragging a#@!

The carpet is in and looks amazing. It smells SO good in here! I had a great birthday cake for breakfast with my kids and husband, clad in huge goofy sunglasses and fake bucked teeth, singing the best "happy birthday" rendition I have heard to date. I had a great birthday lunch with a great friend, went to a great birthday dinner my dad, three brothers, one sister, Steve, and Grandma! ( It was sort of funny. I asked Steve if he thought my dad was looking at us thinking , 'whoa, I have five kids sitting right here!' Steve said, '....and two of em are the same age!'. Comic relief never hurts.) Then we went and played a wicked game of nine-man putt putt. Can you believe that I scored one over par?! Happy birthday to me. I rocked.

Since we were out until 10:30 last night, I have been paying for it most of the day. I was fine this morning, but apparently this ol' girl just can't take the late nights like she used to. My goal is to be in bed by 8:30 tonight. Steve is up flying right now, so I just might get it accomplished. He always drags me down, making me stay up later than I want to. Bastard. Not really, but you get the sentiment. It's actually very sweet. He's doing a solo to refresh so that he can take my brother and sister up in a couple days. ;) Sweet.

I had a playdate in Moses Lake today with five other mom's and their respective broods. That was so fun! It's so great to watch the kids interact and to get in some good quality "mommy time" too. I miss my friends there and don't get to see them as often as I'd like. At least I get to see them once a month for book club. The new kindergarten teacher even came to the park. I am really hoping she just jumps right in and people are warm and embracing. That will be my prayer tonight.

I work at Crossroads (formerly 1st Way) on Wednesdays from 11-2. I lucked out today and ALL three kids napped almost the whole time I was there. Shepherd in the clothing room, Ella in the parenting room, and Paxton right out in the lobby. ;) Well, two outta three being discreet isn't bad. I was the only one there today, so it was a little stressful knowing that while I was taking pee samples, running tests, and counseling, at any given moment one could wake up and need to pee.....NOW. I love that whole element of pressure though. It really makes me perform at the top of my game....my pee sample taking game that is. The kids woke up on cue and we headed home to commence the cleaning that didn't get done yesterday, cuz it was MY BIRTHDAY. Poor sucker. I just made it two times worse. I should've just sucked it up and cleaned yesterday too. So, here I sit, exhausted.

Oh, one last gripe. Okay, so I understand having a "laid back" personality. I really do. I have a spouse who is laid back. I have friends who are laid back. That's okay. Really, it is. But, at what point does personality go from being laid back to generally disinterested in ANYTHING? Just curious. I guess what I am saying is that it's so hard to not have your feelings hurt when you are so obviously excited and enthused about something, you share it with a 'laid back' person, and they act like you just told them you are about to take the garbage out. Am I crazy? Can anyone understand this? Arghhhhh.

No comments: