Thursday, July 13, 2006

dinner stress

So after calling, just to double-check, the limousine service for our dinner next Saturday night, I learned that Randolph should not own his own business. He sucks. Randolph sucks. Okay, it might have partly been my fault for not questioning the fact that he never sent me a contract to sign, but I guess I just figured that, like every other man, he wasn't worried about it and that he'd send it a week before. No, not right. Randolph is not like any other man. Thank you Steve for talking to a lovely man named James and saving my ass! We now have even better ( and cheaper, I might add) limo service than we originally had! Yay. ( I just want these people to feel like they bid on something really special. Doesn't being picked up in a limo and drinking champagne til your hearts content make you feel special? Okay, at least a little buzzed....so that even if the dinner you paid $1,300.00 to eat sucks, you'll have no memory of it being bad at all?

Here's the menu that I printed out today ( which looks even more awesome than the invitations, by the way!):

~Baba Ganoush
and
Hummus Bi Tahina

~Roasted Sweet Red Pepper Soup

~Gorgonzola Pear Salad

~Lemon Sorbet

~Roast Leg of Lamb with Moroccan Couscous
and
Courgette Saute'

~ Molten Chocolate Cakes with Sugared Raspberries
or
Sicilian Ricotta and Walnut Cake

Are you drooling yet? Yeah, me too. I really hope it turns out as I am planning. Maybe I'll drink some champagne to loosen up a bit myself! Just kidding. Speaking of that, now I need to work on the wine list. We ordered our bistro aprons today and I think those will really help pull our "outfits" together. I complain about the stress of this, but really I think it will be a TON of fun to do!!

Steve took my newest little brother up flying tonight. It was so sweet to go run out in the backyard with the kids and wave at Daddy and Uncle Cord as they flew over, about 200 feet above our heads, complete with a wing-tip and all. My children have such an awesome dad. My husband is pretty awesome too.

No comments: