Saturday, July 15, 2006

God ...er Grandma.

We were in the line at the grocery store. I had Shepherd in my arms and Paxton was helping me unload the cart. I looked over every now and then at Ella who is nicely sitting in the front basket of the cart carrying on a lovely conversation with a woman who looked to be in her mid 80's.

Woman to Ella: "That is a lovely blanket you have there."

Ella: "Thank you."

Woman: "Did someone make that for you?"

Ella: "Yeah! God just made it for me yesteday!"

Mommy (thinking 'uh-oh, this woman is going to think we teach our children craziness') says, "Um, Grandma made that for you a long time ago, sweetheart, when you were a baby like Shepherd. Remember?

Ella: "No, God made it".

Okay, well we can't win them all. Sorry Grandma but, in the long run, there are worse things in life than being confused with THE DIVINE CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE.

3 comments:

One Boys Mom said...

Great story...save that for her, she'll love it when she is older!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Now that is my granddaughter. Grandmas and God can do everything (in the minds of little ones) I don't mine sharing the credit. Now that the blanket is considered Holy ground, you just try taking it from her.
Grandma (AKA God)